Phase 3 COVID-19 second reopening of my business
New Cancellation Policy:
Amid the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19, I have modified my cancellation policy to offer greater flexibility to my clients. I hope this will alleviate any stress and hesitation you have about an upcoming appointment. If you need to reschedule for whatever reason, and especially if you are not feeling well, I understand and request for you to please contact me as soon as possible to reschedule. To further support you, there will be no penalties for cancellations at this time. If you are experiencing a fever, cough, or sore throat, please reschedule your appointment for when you are no longer symptomatic. If you have been to a COVID-19-impacted area or have been in close contact with a person infected with COVID-19, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment for 14 days past the date of contact. Please note, I am requiring that clients wear face coverings when in the building; while supine and if you are uncomfortable using the prone faceplate sack.
Contact me if you would like a refund for an outstanding gift certificate.
My practice will be following the Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB),https://www.fsmtb.org/media/2319/fsmtb20200519guidelinesforpracticecovid-19.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2FLmtoBrQ9_PLzzCiIZpp0mSso63jLOhvMJuQYNke2Z5sCt9sZ1hQTozg along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
These changes help protect you and myself:
• I will communicate with you on the deck, to obtain updates to your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
• Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage. Any fabric facial covering you are comfortable breathing in that stops aerosol spray is fine. Otherwise you will be provided with one.
• Friends and family are not allowed to wait in the building while the client receives massage. They are welcomed to sit on the deck maintaining a 6 foot distance from others.
• I will greet you at the door with thermal temperature screening to confirm that you don’t have a fever.
• I’ll ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we emailed or spoke on the phone. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment by calling 336-608-6933 and leaving a voicemail if I cannot answer.Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness at this time.
• Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage. Otherwise a washable cotton one will be provided while you are in the building.
• I will ask you to sign back and front of an informed consent form that states, “I understand that, because massage therapy work involves maintained touch and close physical proximity over an extended period of time, there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission, including COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved from receiving treatment at this time, I voluntarily agree to assume those risks, and I release and hold harmless the practitioner/business from any claims related thereto. I give my consent to receive treatment from this practitioner. I further agree to release my contact information to the Stokes County Health Department in the event that COVID19 contact tracing becomes necessary."
• There is a hand-hygiene station that I will ask you to use when you enter the building to remove your shoes. You will also find touchless hand sanitizer in other places and in the treatment room for you to use as needed.
• Both the practitioner and client must wear a face mask during the session. The client must also wear a face mask from the time they enter to the time they leave the facility. (There is a weird pillowcase gizmo for prone massage if mask is difficult to breathe or we can work with a pillow and turned head with mask on.
• The CDC suggests that COVID-19 infected respiratory droplets can be dispersed when people talk. For this reason, talking
is limited to communication about pressure, warmth, and comfort while in the enclosed space of the session room. Our music will be provided by Alexa since the big subwoofer cannot handle the chemicals of sanitation, you can tell her what you want to listen to.
• Because a face mask is worn for the duration of the massage, safe face massage is not possible and therefore discouraged at this time.
• Because COVID 19 has been shown to spread via flatulence underwear must remain on.
• Please wash or sanitize your hands after you have had the opportunity to dress; before you open the door for me to come into the treatment room with your water, collect payment and rebook your next appointment.